Windows Event Sounds Not Working
This page answers questions like these:
- Why have my program events sounds stopped working?
- Why have my Windows system sounds stopped working?
- Why are my program events sounds not working?
- Why is there no sound from Windows program events?
- Why aren’t Windows startup and shutdown sounds working?
- Why is my Windows Sound Scheme not working?
- How come my Windows system sounds don’t work?
- How come my Windows system sounds aren’t working?
Windows Event Sounds Are Working:
- Try switching to another sound scheme and back again as follows ...
- Select another sound scheme, e.g. “No Sounds” or “Windows Default”.
- Restart your computer.
- Change back to the sound scheme you originally had.
- Restart your computer again.
- See if the sound scheme now works.
- For each non-working event sound ...
- Check that the file for the sound points to the sound file you think it should.
- Check that the file has a filename that ends with “.wav”.
- Check that the file is readable by the SYSTEM user.
- Check that the file is not encrypted using EFS (Encrypted File System). If it is, unencrypt it.
Home > Microsoft Windows > Windows Event Sounds Not Working
Tags: program events, program event sounds, start windows, exit windows, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, microsoft, windows, microsoft windows