Ungetcc Overflow Error Coming From less
This page answers questions like these:
- Where is “ungetcc overflow” coming from?
- What is causing this “ungetcc overflow” error?
- Why is my shell script writing “ungetcc overflow” to stderr?
“ungetcc overflow” Error Coming From less
$ less -p PATTERN FILE
- Sometimes a shell script gives this strange “ungetcc overflow” error message and just exits without doing anything.
- This error occurs on some versions of Linux when you use the less command with the -p option and a long PATTERN.
- The -p option to less is meant to run less then act as if the user had searched for the PATTERN.
- This error seems to occur when the PATTERN is 100 or more characters in length.
- One solution to this problem is to make your PATTERN shorter (but possibly less accurate).
Show Colors in Less
Different Colors for Control Characters and Pattern Matches in Less
Make Less Keep Reading a Growing File
Home > Linux / Unix > Ungetcc Overflow Error Coming From less
Tags: ungetcc overflow, ungetcc, overflow, less, shell script, shell command, linux, unix, solaris, bsd, aix