Show Colors in less
This page answers questions like these:
- How to get less to show colors?
- How to get less to show colors that are piped into it?
- How to get less to show colors from ls?
- How to get less to show colors from grep?
- How to get less to preserve colors?
Get less to Show Colors:
ls --color | less -R
grep --color PATTERN FILE | less -R
- The -R option to less tells it to show the colors formed by ANSI color sequences piped into it, or read in via files.
- The most common use of this is to see the colors output by commands like ls, grep, and egrep.
Different Colors for Control Characters and Pattern Matches in Less
Make Less Keep Reading a Growing File
Ungetcc Overflow Error Coming From Less
Home > Linux / Unix > Show Colors in less
Tags: less, less colors, less colours, less with colors, less show color, linux, unix, solaris, bsd, aix