This page answers questions like these:
- How to exit telnet?
- How to get out of telnet?
1. Press Ctrl-] (i.e. with one finger press and hold one of the Ctrl keys, then with another finger press the ] key):
2. Then if the telnet prompt appears, type close or quit or logout depending on which version of telnet you’re using.
- Telnet to host myhost on port 20123:
$ telnet myhost 20123
Connected to myhost.
Escape character is '^['.
- Exit by pressing Ctrl-]:
- Exit the telnet prompt by typing close:
What is TCP Keep Alive?
How to Use TCP Keep Alive?
Home > Linux / Unix > Exit Telnet
Tags: exit telnet, telnet, exit, linux, unix, solaris, bsd, aix